[C20] Implementation of “building passport” (Energy component)
The Building passport is a free and personalized handy digital passport showing all available data on your house
BE REEL! will help to implement this.
Beneficiary responsible for implementation
Walloon region represented by SPW – DGO4 – Department of Energy and Sustainable Building – Sustainable Buildings Management.
Stakeholders: citizens, public authorities, professionals in the construction sector, For other professionals (notaries, real estate agents)
- The "Building Passport" as an innovative tool considering the building in a holistic and long-term vision.
- The development of the "Building Passport " allowing a centralization of information related to the building for the purpose:
- For citizens: having a centralized global vision of information and administrative documents (e.g.: grants applications for insulation) and/or regulatory documents (e.g: Energy Performance certificate) relating to a building,
- For public authorities: having an update on the energy performance of the housing stock based on the work done, in order to: shape policies and report to the Commission on the progress made in terms of long-term renovation strategy
- For professionals in the construction sector to have access to the history of information identified by another professional for a data update without having to possess the unique number of the previous document (roadmap, audit, EPB certificate, EPB statement...) thanks to the clear identification of housing units and to develop new contracts.
- For other professionals (notaries, real estate agents...) to have direct and clear access to the history of the data relative to a building, and especially for the purpose of drafting sales agreements or bills of sale, or to display the energy performance indicators of the EPB certificate in sale or rental advertisements, without having to possess the PEB certificate in print...
- The Building Passport will provide an overall knowledge of the state of the buildings throughout the entire regional territory and follow their evolution towards the objectives set for 2050.
- Increased awareness of individuals of the improvement potential of their building and of the investment necessary
- Triggering of a global vision in the renovation process.
- Impact on the sale/rental price
- Increase of the display rate of energy performance indicators in sales and rental advertisements of housing units thanks to easier access to information for professionals
- Information exchange between administrative services for faster processing of files, administrative simplifications, or better coordination