[C18] Implementation of a quickscan tool
The Quickscan tool is a free-to-use tool that offers house owners or future house owners a first rapid and comprehensive assessment of the state of a building, their potential for improvement and possible savings, based on standardized solutions.
BE REEL! will help to implement this tool. The content and form is object of the prepatory activity A5.
Beneficiary responsible for implementation
Walloon region represented by SPW – DGO4 – Department of Energy and Sustainable Building – Sustainable Buildings Management.
Co-beneficeries: the cities of Mouscron, La Louvière.
- For citizens:
- Increase awareness without the use of a professional on the importance of taking into account energy efficiency during all renovation works and on the potential improvement of existing buildings,
- Raise awareness on the importance of behavior regarding energy consumption,
- Educate on the tools and incentives put in place by the public authorities to help citizens in the improvement of the energy performance of their households, and specifically on the interest of the "roadmap for the energy renovation of my housing unit" developed in the action A.6, as well as on the opportunity to perform a full energy audit.
- Encourage them to take action and take the step toward energy renovation, even if this is "embedded" in an overall renovation project of the housing unit.
- For public authorities:
- Complete the "Building Passport" through the identification of its address
- Complete its knowledge on the representativeness of different typologies and new typologies not analyzed as part of the implementation of energy certification (via the EPB certificates).
- Have information tied to the actual consumption of the housing stock.
- For professionals:
- Have a public tool promoting the future "Roadmap for the Energy Renovation of My Housing Unit" and energy audit.
- Initiate the request to carry out the "Roadmap for the Energy Renovation of My Housing Unit".
- Increase the request for energy audits, notably through raising awareness of applicants, who were until then hardly or not at all affected by existing awareness mechanisms.
- For the construction industry:
- Increase the volume of activities tied to the energy renovation of housing units (entrepreneurs, materials, design offices...).
- For the climate:
- Significantly decrease greenhouse gas emissions, and more particularly CO2, through the completion of these Quickscans, which will lead to the realization of the roadmap for energy renovation developed in the action C19, and thus the works included in it.
- Reduce the primary energy consumptions of residential housing units through the performance of these Quickscans which will lead to the realization of the roadmap for energy renovation developed in the action C19 and thus the works included in it.
- Increase of awareness of individuals to the improvement potential of their building.
- Triggering of the decision to take the step toward energy renovation, even if this is "embedded", or is part of an overall renovation project of the housing unit.