[C06] Demonstration projects for collective renovation
• The Flemish cities of Antwerp and Mechelen organize various demonstration projects on collective renovation. Specifically, it concerns the following projects:
- Antwerp: renovation of 500 houses to low-energy buildings
- Antwerp: renovation of 250 residences to nearly-zero-energy buildings
- Mechelen: renovation of 75 houses to 30kWh / m2
- Mechelen: renovation of 50 houses to 50kWh / m2
Beneficiary responsibles for implementation
the city of Antwerp and the city of Mechelen.
The aim of this action is to develop a new innovative approach to collective renovation. This includes installing roof, façade and floor insulation and installing super insulating glazing. This project focuses on pilot projects of 8 to 10 houses each.
On the one hand to energy level E60 for 3 different target groups:
- Owner - residents of a single family house
- Tenant - residents of a single family house
- Low-interest target groups
On the other hand, to energy level E30 in which (partial) degradation and reconstruction is also investigated.
The tasks for Antwerp will be:
- Report on best practices of collective renovation in Europe
- Stakeholder groups definition and engagement
- Cocreation of strategy and project selection and planning of three specific target groups and selection of projects
- Implementation of 3 pilots: report and communicate about proof-of-concept
- Implementation of demonstration cases
- Publication of comprehensive guidelines
- Update of existing urban implementation strategies for climate mitigation in the housing segment
The tasks for Mechelen are:
- State-of-the-art report on collective renovation in Europe
- Preselection of number of possible neighborhoods for collective renovation (phase 1)
- Selection of one neighborhood to start collective renovation (phase 1)
- Developing legal and financial architecture for collective renovation (phase 1)
- Inform and motivate residents (phase 1)
- Technical analysis of the houses and proposal for collective supply (phase 1)
- Individual agreements with residents (phase 1)
- Actual renovation (phase 1)
- Evaluation phase 1
- Elaboration phase 2 based on the results of phase 1
- 500 dwellings (terraced housing ) towards E60 and 250 towards E30 in Antwerp
- Methodology for collective renovation is layed down in different reports and tools
- Network and expertise
- New policy approach tested in pilots and larger demonstration
- Upscaling good practice
- At least 6 neighborhoods in Mechelen contacted, surveyed, informed and motivated on collective renovation.
- At least 270 houses scanned and receive individual implementation advice.
- At least 125 houses are renovated in a collective manner.
- Methodology for collective renovation is laid down in different reports and tools.