Apartment renovations: Do you have a plan?
The renovation of apartment buildings is a real challenge in all three regions in Belgium. This webinar will give you an overview of some best practices and current and future regional policy decisions relating the issues. Our six speakers are professionals active in all three regions of Belgium.
Deep renovations of buildings are always complex and involve long-term planning for all parties. Apartment buildings are particularly complex as the degree of complexity increases dramatically with the size of the building and the inhabitants involved.
Apartments are a significant portion of the residential building stock in Belgium and have to be tackled to achieve a fully energy-efficient building stock by 2050.
This webinar is meant to strengthen the links between actors and contribute to a common pool of shared knowledge, expertise and experience in order to support the push to accelerate the rate of residential renovations in Belgium delivering the 2050 goals.
This webinar will address the following questions :
- What are the barriers in energy renovation of apartments
- How to face a complex collective decision-making process.
- Can innovative financing solutions speed up renovation.
- Are cities the key facilitators for successful energy renovation
- What are current and near future policy measures.
Apartment owners need tailored solutions for energy renovations.
Small & large apartments have different requirements. A different approach is needed technically, financially, and organizationally. What is needed to accelerate the market? This webinar explores valuable insights from several projects in Belgium & Europe:
- A study from Brussels Environment gives insight in the different types of apartments and their needs. A one Stop Shop approach will guide co-owners during the renovation process from technical information, financial advice and support in the follow up as well as questions about governance.
- The city of Antwerp built up extensive knowledge in guiding energy renovation of large apartments. Their multi-year maintenance approach is a stepping stone to boost energy renovation of apartments.
- A financially viable project for all owners is a major challenge. EuroPace is an innovative financing model, the loan is attached to the property rather than an individual. GNE Finance gives insight in this concept and will discuss adaptations for Belgium.
- Governance has a huge impact on the energy renovation market. Speakers from the different Belgian regions give insight in their Long Term Renovation Strategy for apartments.
The experiences from these projects and the new policy shows potential for scaling up and boost the energy renovation of apartments. Feel free to join the open discussion with your experiences and opinion.
- 14:00 - 14:10 Introduction
- 14:10 - 14:55 Challenges & testimonials of best practices:
- Energy efficient renovations of buildings with co-owners: Results & future plans in Brussels (Annick Schwaiger, Brussels Environment)
- Multi-year maintenance planning: City of Antwerp (Britt Berghs, Antwerp City)
- Innovative financing with Europace: Lessons learned in financing (Kristina Klimovich, GNE Finance)
- 14:55 – 15:00 Coffee break at your place
- 15:00 – 15:45 What are the current and near future policy measures for the long term renovation strategy (LTRS) for apartments:
- Walloon region: Thierry Van Cauwenberghe (Attaché for the cabinet of Philippe Henry, the Walloon vice-president and minister for Climate, Energy, and Mobility)
- Flanders region: Roel Vermeiren (Flemish Energy Agency)
- Brussels region: TBC
- 15:45 – 16:15 Open discussion
Language : English
Participate : Participation is free of charge. Pre-registration is necessary